Monday, June 13, 2011

Crappy to Happy Birthday



Well well well, what a difference a few days make- had a couple of crappy days, then my bday rolled around, and I'm able to watch the ol' boob tube again. Well, kind of anyway.


Truth is, nothing really has changed. Since we don't have cable still, I am still not able to watch network television, with its commercials and continuous stream of content. And since we do have Netflix, I still have all the same shows I had before.


I guess the only difference really, is that I can now allow myself to really engage in the shows that I have been hearing so much about- Modern Family, Spartacus, Game of Thrones, etc.


But then again, some of these shows are not yet available on Netflix.


So, in a way, the challenge continues.


Meanwhile, I have helplessly entered my LATE 20s. I'm sure there will come a day where I will look back at this and yell at my words that I'm an idiot to complain, but until then, I'm still sad and a little upset. No longer can I use the excuse to be kid-like. I think once you hit the later part of your 20s you are expected to start acting like a real grown-up. Which really sucks. I hate being responsible; primarily because I'm not very good at it.


And finally, I was having a few crappy days all in a row last week, leading up to my birthday. Isn't it weird how you can experience a day that isn't the best but by the same standards, when it happens near your birthday, you feel the world is against you. It's like a healthy dose of reality and humility smacking you in the back of the head, saying, "It's not all about you!"


I guess the cornerstone of my bad days was the actual day before my birthday, Wednesday. I was driving up to a light when it turned yellow. Instinctively I stepped on my brake to slow down.


Suddenly I hear a blaring horn sounding off behind me. Some roid-raged freak is honking at me, presumably b/c I didn't choose to gun-it for the light.


Now, being the crappy old-lady driver that I am, I'm sorta used to the occasional honk which I just brush off. However, this guy was choosing to literally lean on his horn for the duration of the red light. My blood to began to boil and I could feel my cheeks reddening as bright as the light itself.


Finally, I hear the man yell out his window, "Where'd you learn how to drive c***!" Followed by another nice loud beep.


That was it. Who the hell did this guy think he was, talking to stranger like that? I could feel the rage in my fingertips and as the light changed I purposely idled at the light for a second, to which he replied by honking AGAIN.


God, even as I type this I have such an urge to find that asshole and smash his mailbox.


He finally dodged around me, and though I gave him the chin-flip off, it didn't nearly release the anger inside of me. And I think I know why-


For one, I can now think of 10 things I would've loved to have said if 1.) I had thought of them an 2.) Actually had the guts to say them. I also hate that people like that get away with acting like that, because they just drop a big pile of bad-day in your face and speed off.


Lastly, it infuriated me because there's no need for that. I would've gotten the message with "Where'd you learn how to drive"? I might have even been alright with a "bitch" placed in there.

But people like that ought to be sterilized. Anyway, if you want to read some of the things I wish I could've said to him, read on...


WARNING- These are things expressed in pure anger and should not be taken as an insult to anyone of you reading this.


1.) "Kiss/blow your boyfriend with that mouth?!"

2.) "I hope you get AIDS!"

3.) "Good luck with the sex change asshole!"

4.) "SORRY ABOUT YOUR DICK!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment